Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Security issue

Question Security issue

As of today, I have started to get a pop-up Windows box saying "Supervisor Password required. It appears to relate in some way to Internet Otions, but I neither want it nor need it!

For the record, along with Windows98SE and IE6, I am currently running AVG, Zone Alarm, AdSubtract, AdAWare and Tracks Eraser. I mention these because all or any of them might have caused the sudden appearance of my mystery window. I'm as tight as Fort Nox out there and I certainly don't need any more help from IE6.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this unwelcoe visitor?

------------------
    Regards

Mitch Hatfield

Looking out for some signs of Evolution!!
    Keep on smiling!

Mitch Hatfield
    -------------------------

Looking all around for some small signs of Evolution!!

Hi Mitch,

Seems like an IE6 thing. Check HERE to see if this is what happened. You should be able to get out of it.

"...tight as Fort Knox." Around here they call it "...tight as a bulls butt in high fly season." And it's high fly season up here now...

------------------
    Peace and Love, brothers and sisters. Peace and Love

Thumbs up

Thanks for your advice Steve and I'll remember "a bull's butt" the next time I think of Fort Nox!

I followed your Microsoft link and I think i've cracked the problem. at least I hope so. Grateful thanks anyway.

------------------
    Regards

Mitch Hatfield

Looking out for some signs of Evolution!!
    Keep on smiling!

Mitch Hatfield
    -------------------------

Looking all around for some small signs of Evolution!!

Thread Information