Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: PCs Do Work!!!

Cool PCs Do Work!!!

I posted a question sometime last week. I asked why all my games crash to the desktop. With the help of a local computer store and game tech support people I narrowed it down to either a bad part on the mother board or bad memory. Most of the people I talked to did not believe it could be the memory, But rather than replace my mother board which would require a new cpu on so on, I decided to buy $60.00 worth of memory. And it worked! All the games work perfectly. Thanks for the responses I hope this may help other people with similar problems.

Troubleshooting hardware and software can be viewed from two different directions (like the OSI model). If the app worked yesterday, why doesn't it work today? Well, if new software was installed (known or unknown), the software layer is suspect. If new hardware, the lower layers. If neither, look back to hardware, since it is susceptible to changes in heat and electronic activity.

Finally, memory can be similar to our own memories sometimes. Only ours can't be replaced, just jogged!!

------------------
    TJW

"The only constant is change" - (unknown)
    TJW

"The only constant is change" - (unknown)

Thread Information