Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: grey screen on RTCW and wandering optical mouse

Question grey screen on RTCW and wandering optical mouse

while playing RTCW online my screen goes grey all over but i can still hear the game still playing. and when I press the "L" key to bring up the game menu..the picture comes back?
    another problem is my optical mouse sometimes decides to either look at the cieling or down at the floor while playing this game..it doesn't do it while doing anything else just this game....

any help would be appreciated
    ASUS A7N8X-deluxe nforce2 mobo,
    AMD XP1800+,
    512MB DDR2700,
    geforce FX5700 ultra AGPx8 128MB,
    80GB WD HDD,
    Windows XP pro

I had this mouse problem while playing many of the Quake III Open GL games: Jedi Knight II, Soldier of Fortune II and RTCW.

Went away after upgrading my graphics drivers and installing the drivers for my optical mouse instead of using Windows' mouse drivers.

As to the gray screen, could be drivers or graphic configuration issues. Not sure, as I don't venture online with my poor Video Quotient.

Edit-RE mjc's post below: always download ANY and ALL patches for games, especially when playing online.
    Last edited by malcore; 10-01-2002 at 11:01 AM.

Also look for a specific game patch for the mouse problem....sometimes certain hardware just doesn't behave well in a particular game.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information