Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Internet Explorer 6

Internet Explorer 6

Hello everbody. The computer I was working on was automaticly updated with IE 6. Now it cannot connect with Terminal Services. I need to revert back to IE 5.5 I've downloaded it, but cannot run it because its detecting a new version (IE6). I've tried using add/remove windows components to remove IE 6, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Baller360

Don't know what windows your running so try IERadicator And then reinstall IE 5.5

or go here

http://support.microsoft.com/default...293907&gssnb=1

http://support.microsoft.com/default...303485&gssnb=1
    Want my weapons molon labe

Windows 2000 Professional

Then go to the first link and it will show you how to get rid of it. good luck

Thanks. I got another problem. I can't find my product key for the upgrade install fix. Do you know if there is anyway to look it up in system properties or something?

bump

what does that mean?

Same as...

TTT
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Are you reinstalling win2K or do you just want to install IE. You can download all the versions from HERE Many utility CDs etc should have IE 5 on them too, which would save doing a large download.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

I just received a warning today that some magezines versions are "branded" but not really, they are actually "special" builds it seems, because the branding can't be undone with the "normal" tricks. I have found the ones included in MaximumPC to be "clean", but not sure of any others.........
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

I've tried downloading IE 5.5, but my computer reports that it cannot install it because it is detecting a newer version (IE 6). I need to some how override this somehow.

Thanks,
    baller360

If your problems are from updating IE you *may* be able to uninstall the update by using Add/Remove programs, unintall....
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

I tried that, but when I go to install an older version (IE 5.5), it still detects a newer version and cannot continue with the install.

Think were getting a little off track here.

Is IE6 still in add/remove programs??
    Did you delete the uninstall information or install from your Internet Explorer\IE Uninstall folder.If not try running the w2kexcp.exe /u command from your Internet Explorer\IE Uninstall folder. If this does not work, you need to reinstall Windows

Ok I'll try that right now. I would just reinstall windows, but here at my job we have the windows 2000 pro cd, but we can't find the product key for the install. Thank you though, I'll try your suggestion right now.

I would just reinstall windows, but here at my job we have the windows 2000 pro cd, but we can't find the product key for the install.
    Well if this is the case and it was purchased for buisness just have the administrator or the boss call M$ and get a new key for reinstall
    then you wouldn't have to rack your brains

I know, thats what I'm gonna have to do. I was hoping to get it taken care of without having too ask my boss. Oh well, thanks for all your help.

baller360

Thread Information