Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Can't get 600x800 to work on monitor!

Can't get 600x800 to work on monitor!

Having a problem running certain games on my old monitor. It is a Tatung CM-1495G. I can't get it to run in 600x800 resolution. I have an xpert99, Rage 128 video card with 8mb of ram. I have the lastest version of DirectX and video capture for DirectX. I have downloaded the lastest version for the video card. I cannot however, find any drivers for the monitor. THe closest I found was for a CM-1495H, which uses standard window driver for 600x800. I am stumped. Any suggestions?
    The two games that I can't seem to run (everything else works, ie.Medal of Honor,) are Final Fantasy 7 and The Sims.

Are you sure it runs at 800 by 600? I had an old gateway crystal scan 1572 that I think ran at 480 X 600 or whatever and then jumped to 1024 X 768 and bypassed 800 by 600. Weird.

Marty
    Verona, VA

Right click on the Desktop, click Properties/Settings/Advanced/Monitor/Change/Next/Display a List of All Drivers..../Next/Show All Hardware/Next, scroll down to Tatung Co. of America, Inc. in the left list and click on it, click on your model in the right list(for Win 98 anyway), click Next, follow the instructions.

If 800x600 is not shown after doing the above, then your monitor does not use this resolution.
    If you cannot find your specific model in the above Tatung list, then select 'Standard Monitor Types' in the left list, and 'Super VGA 800x600' in the right list. But beware that if it is not designed to run at 800x600, then doing this may damage it, especially if it runs 800x600 at a higher refresh rate(70Hz or higher).

Lightbulb

As you have tried almost all the workarounds, try playing the games at the resolutions supported by your display adapter. you can do that by changing the resolution in the setup screen of the games.

Gopi

Thread Information