Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Help me urgent !!!!

Help me urgent !!!!

Anyone knows about this error in Windows 2000 Advance Server, please explain to me. thanks.

Stop : C0000218 {Registry File Failure}
    The registry cannot load the hive (file):
    or its log or alternate.
    It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.
    Beginning dump of physical memory
    Dumping physical memory to disk : 1 (connt from 1 to 100).

After it restart computer and it's continue until I setup again Windows.

When Windows loads, press SPACE BAR when the "Load Last Known Good" message appears.
    Complete a parallel installation and restore the registry files from a tape backup. To do so:
    Reinstall Windows into a separate directory
    Restore the registry hives found in the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Config subdirectory.
    If you do not have a tape backup, the backup of network servers and production workstations should be included as a critical part of running any production system.
    NOTE: If Windows is stored on a FAT partition, you can restore the files using another computer and by copying the registry hive files into the directory above.
    Want my weapons molon labe

Thread Information