Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: flash bios

flash bios

I want to flash bios because it is not compatible with Windows XP
    it is AMIBIOS Power Manager Ver. 1.10
    someone can help me to find more information about how to flash this bios and download the suitable software.

Tks/Aji

need to know some more machine specifics.....and since you posted this in the Notebook sections, I assume the machine is a notebook?
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

sorry for my short information. it is laptop computer (NEC brand)

Here is the NEc support pages for laptops, you can search for your exact model number......some models do list BIOS updates. If NEC does not have one listed for your model the likelyhood of finding another that will work is extremely small (read: not gonna happen). Not everything will have an XP compatible update available....

What is the exact problem? and are you sure it is the BIOS?
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thank you very much for your information but my computer is desnged for Japan market only. it means that it is not available on the website of USA or others. I could not read Japanese for checking the update.
    Model : Lavie C. LC50H/3
    it is reported that ACPI is not compatible. I tried to disable ACPI in BIOS but could'nt. so I have to flash bios but I feel a little bit dangerous as I have no experience. Therefore, I would like to study first.

Rgds/Aji

Check out this site for info about BIOS issues and possibly even replace your BIOS chip:

http://www.badflash.com/

Budfred

it's great. tks.

Thread Information