Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: P4g8x&GA-8inxp

P4g8x&GA-8inxp

Does anyone now if these boards are yet available? If not when will they be? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places!

Thanx

Newegg.com is usually one of the first online resellers to stock new product lines. However, a quick check shows neither of these boards available yet. In fact, the only E7205 Granite Bay chipset board they list is the AOpen one, which the ETA is Jan. 2003.

I have the Asus board, but I live where they are built. Not sure if they are available in the States yet. The Gigabyte board will only be available here later this month.

If you are getting impatient, maybe look into one of the new AMD CPUs with 333MHz FSB and pair it up with an nForce2 board. They are available and are on par with the Intel platforms (I have one of each).
    Price will be very similar as the Granite Bay boards do not come cheap!!

No they aren't available yet. They should be in the e-stores next week. Myinfinity.com has the Asus board listed for $259.00 but I don't think they have it yet. The company doesn't have a good rating at reselleratings.com (2.17) I figure they are selling them before they get them and delaying shipping till they come in. Newegg.com does list an A-Open AX4R Plus board with the E7205 chipset for $215.00, ETA on it is 1-6-2003

MSI is also releasing two E7205 boards the MSI GNB Max (MS-6565) and the Master-L (MS-9126)
    Lian Li PC-V2120X Black HPTX Full Tower
    Antec TPQ-1200 OC Power Supply
    ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual LGA 2011 Motherboard
    (2X) Intel Xeon E5-2690 V2
    32GB G.SKILL Trident+ Turbulence II (8 x 4GB) DDR3 2000
    Areca ARC-1880ix-12-4G SAS 6Gb/s w/ 4GB cache RAID Controller Card
    OCZ Talos 960GB 3.5" SAS 6Gb/s SSD
    (4X) Seagate Cheetah 15k.7 600GB SAS HDDs
    Pioneer BDR-205BKS Blu-Ray DVD Burner
    (2X) MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING 4GB GDDR5 Video Cards
    (3X) Dell U3011 30" LCD monitors
    Win 7 Ultimate X64