Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Information about jumper-setup on a Motherboard

Smile Information about jumper-setup on a Motherboard

I'm somewhat new to installing motherboards, and a friend of mine is hiring me to help get some computer parts someone gave her setup into a usable PC. She has a nice usable motherboard and processor all ready to go (it even has RAM), and I'd just need to help her buy a case and then install it. It does not, however, have a manual with it... and I'd need to find out the jumper settings in order to install it, from what I know. I've heard tell of websites that hold this sort of information, but I really do not know where they might be. Any help/tips on this would be extremely useful. My deepest thanks.
    -Patrick, an amature computer-guy

Find the name of the motherboard and go to driverguide.com. Then go to search and type in drivers(username) and all for the password and type in the motherboard name. Then go to the manufacturer home page and they should have a manual for the motherboard you can download.
    WAR EAGLE

Well get as much info as you can about the board and head on over to MotherBoard Homeworld...it is one of those sites you've heard about, and if you're lucky you may even be able to find a downloadable manual.

------------------
    mjc
    Links list:Computer Links

Celts are the men that heaven made mad, For all their battles are merry and their songs are all sad.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information