Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: where is the printer's paper sensor?

where is the printer's paper sensor?

Hi, my friend has an Hp 690c, which keeps warning that it has no paper, though it does. We want to check if the paper sensor is free of dust but we can't find it! Anyone out there can help us?

don't know the model, but I have a couple of hp's and cannons. if the paper 'stands up' then the sensor will be where the bottom edge fits.

if it 'lies down' then look where the forward edge of the paper lies. on one of my cannons there is a small metal plate which sits on top of the paper, it is quite easy to put the paper on top of the sensor plate, whereby it will report no paper.
    for every question there's an answer. Then a load more questions.

Definition of Upgrade "A means of introducing new bugs to a program to replace the ones that you have eventually found fixes for"

Regards..,
    Vic.

Thread Information