Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: backdoor.sdbot

backdoor.sdbot

backdoor.sdbot

have you guys heard of this virus?

my friend detected it on a file i sent him using norton. i use AVG and im stil ltrying to detect it. any info?
    Analyze this:

Keyboard error or no keyboard present.
    Press F1 to continue or F10 to enter Setup.

System Specs:

Athlon 2000+ Thoroughbred cooled by a Thermaltake VOlcano 7+ on an ASUS A7V8X-MX; Runs on 768MB (266) DDR RAM; Display courtesy of an Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR shown on a 17 inch CTX Monitor. Sound provided by SB Live 5.1 EAX Sound projected through a black Altec Lansing ATP 2.1 speaker system.

it is an irc back dorr thru port 6667 look for
    %System% folder as Cnfgldr.exe or Sysmon16.exe. check this out

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oor.sdbot.html

This is why it is good to use two av scans one you have permanant and a free on line scan.. one of you probobly has this or now you both do???
    Want my weapons molon labe

what are the best scans available? what do you use? anyone?
    Analyze this:

System Specs:

Athlon 2000+ Thoroughbred cooled by a Thermaltake VOlcano 7+ on an ASUS A7V8X-MX; Runs on 768MB (266) DDR RAM; Display courtesy of an Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB DDR shown on a 17 inch CTX Monitor. Sound provided by SB Live 5.1 EAX Sound projected through a black Altec Lansing ATP 2.1 speaker system.

I use Norton and use house calls for on line they all have something they are good at

gosh got a proble. i have norton installed and it detected one file on windows/system32/

thing is i cant delete it nor can norton quarantine it. tried doing it weith boot disk but windows boot disk cant detect in NTFS format
    Analyze this:

System Specs:

Try "spybot search and destroy"

without knowing exactly the full path of the file and what it is not much we can do all i can say i hope you made a back up of your registry before this happened?? just in case

its windows\system32\syscfg32.exe

weird -- norton says its quarantined but then it also says it detected it .... 2 "copies" i guess? i really dont know.
    Analyze this:

System Specs:

Thread Information