Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Disabling things on the keyboard?

Disabling things on the keyboard?

I have a mini keyboard for gaming and there is a key named fn. Does anyone know how to disable this key. Also what is the function of this key anyway?
    WAR EAGLE

It is used in combination keystrokes (usually with F1-F12, I think) to do things like lock the keyboard, power down the system, change the repeat rate if you hold down a key...

I've got a keyboard with a fn key, and I never use it. But, it was a $6 keyboard, so I bought it.

Disable it? Maybe, but I don't know. I guess you'd have to check with the manufacturer.
    I fight authority, authority always wins

Remembering Kay

Commonly found on notebooks (and calculators) that have a smaller than usual number of keys than the standard. The "missing" keys usually have the actions highlighted in something like a different colour and work when the fn key is depressed in combination.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information