Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Yahoo network

Yahoo network

I am not sure that this is the right forum for this, but I don't know what else this should be under.
    When I sign on to Yahoo Games I click the "remember my password" box. It will remember my password for a few days and then ask me to sign in again. I just find this to be kind of a pain and am wondering if there is a way to get it to remember my password all of the time like Ebay does.

I have noticed that there is a Standard setting and a Secure setting. I am already on the standard. The secure setting just makes it so you have to log in every time.
    Pentium R 2.5 Ghz (x64)
    8 GB memory
    Windows 7 Pro

Do you have a cookie clearing program or do something to regularly clear your cookies. Like this forum, the password is probably saved in a cookie and will get dumped if you dump the cookie....
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

I don't do anything to clear cookies. I think that the Yahoo cookie is set to only work for a few days for security reasons. Ebay has cookied me as well but that one seems to last forever.
    I was wondering if there was a third-party program that would allow me to edit the Yahoo cookie file to not self-terminate.
    Pentium R 2.5 Ghz (x64)
    8 GB memory
    Windows 7 Pro

If you can find the cookie, I believe you can edit it with Notepad, it is just a text file. Some programs will let you edit it as you work with it. I think the Cookie Manager in Netscape 7.1 lets you do that if I remember. If you are using IE and Win9x, you can find the cookie in Temporary Internet Files in the Windoze directory. If you don't do any cookie maintenance, you will probably find hundreds (or thousands) of cookies, so you may have some searching to do... When you find it, you can probably open it by doubleclicking since it is probably already set to open in Notepad. Find the date and change it to this day in 2006 or something... Keep in mind that if Yahoo is keeping it brief for security reasons, it may not be a good idea to change it.....
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dcrombie/cookie.html includes "If your Yahoo cookie is broken you need to go to Yahoo and get a new one."

You probably already know Sign-in and Registration Help at http://help.yahoo.com/help/edit/ga/edit-14.html
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information