Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: I had a virus, is it gone, am I safe?

I had a virus, is it gone, am I safe?

I use the free AVG anti-Virus program. It runs everynight. I was just looking at it for some reason and after it finished it said there was a virus, and AVG did not remove it or put it in the virus vault. I ran AVG again and it was still there. I tried to look where the virus was and it said temp internet, so I deleted all my files.

When I ran AVG again after doing this, it was gone. However, when I looked at the list of virus' that my computer has had, they all come up the same one, and I am wondering if this virus is from a person or just a stupid virus that doesnt do anything? This is basically all the information I have about it: "Temp internet file Java/ByteVerify"

Thanks.

Most of the relevant stuff about it HERE

Why not run Hijack This yourself - since googling Java/ByteVerify is mostly trojan related.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in that link, especially the downloading and running of HijackThis...and post the log here, please.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information