Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Question on posts

Question on posts

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this question: When someone replies to a post, they will sometimes insert a Quote. Then sometimes right above the quote it will say, "Originally posted by (name)". I know about how to insert the quote, but how do you put a notation above the quote? It's been said that there's no such thing as a dumb question, but this one might be close. Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No One Stands So Tall As When They Stoop To Help A Child.
    Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire.
    ~Author unknown~

Above the relevant persons post is the button press that and it quotes the persons post and relevant name.
    "Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
    -- Karl Lehenbauer

Originally posted by pave_spectre
    Above the relevant persons post is the button press that and it quotes the persons post and relevant name.
    Thanks, pave. I'm just checking to see if I'm doing it right. I'm assuming that if you don't want the complete quote, you just select what you don't want and delete it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No One Stands So Tall As When They Stoop To Help A Child.
    Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire.
    ~Author unknown~

Originally posted by FrankSG
    you just select what you don't want and delete it.
    Yep

And this is a good site how-to question. So I'm moving it there.....
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Question on posts too

I wanted to put this question in the "Question on posts" thread in the FAQs forum but can't see how one can ask questions to the moderator if the forum is read-only, as it appears :

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    The comment I wanted to make and which related to the post by FrankSG, was that one poster yesterday apparently knew how to put a fake "Originally posted by <name>" line at the top of the quote, so it can be done.

Actually it is quite easy to do....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information