Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: DEAD MOBO

Post DEAD MOBO

IS MY MOBO DEAD?
    PLEASE HELP
    I GOT ATX MOBO BUT I CAN NOT GET GOING ,NO VIDEO.NO SOUND FAN IS WORKING THATS ABOUT IT,WHEN I TURN THE POWER FROM THE ATX POWER SUPLY .FLASHING GREEN LIGHT ,BUT I CAN NOT TURN IT OFF BY USING SOFT PSW,I HAD TO USE SWITCH OF THE POWER SUPPLY,ONE MORE THING AS SOON AS I CONNECT THE HDD CABLE TO MOBO HDD MOTOR NOISE DISSAPEAR
    THANKS YOUR HELP

Well if you are 'hot-plugging' the hard drive ribbon cable there is a very good chance something has been fried...that goes for just about anything except USB or Firewire devices.

Without a drive connected (ribbon cable and power) do you get any beeps or additonal signs of life?

Had this board previously worked?

Do you have anything else connected to it?

What board and CPU combo is it? Memory?

------------------
    mjc
    Links list:Computer Links

Celts are the men that heaven made mad, For all their battles are merry and their songs are all sad.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Question

What make/model of board is it? I have had similar problems with a BCM board sometime back and the cause was that the slot A processor was not seated well enough. The remedy was to remove the CPU retention brackets and just plug in the processor. Sure enough it worked. Apparently, some brackets are too tight and interfere with the seating of the processor. Guess that's why the mobo was so cheap!

ER

------------------
    I think, therefore I am -What the hell was I thinking?
    I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.
    - Richard Feynman

Please... no caps lock.

My bi-focals make letters

huge.

And welcome to pcguide serko.

Thx.

------------------
    ......Indecision may or may not be my problem......
    ...... Kickin' A Rock....

[This message has been edited by ranchdog (edited 10-14-2001).]
    It ain't over 'till the Fat Lady sings.....

Originally posted by mjc:
    Well if you are 'hot-plugging' the hard drive ribbon cable there is a very good chance something has been fried...that goes for just about anything except USB or Firewire devices.

Without a drive connected (ribbon cable and power) do you get any beeps or additonal signs of life?

Had this board previously worked?

Do you have anything else connected to it?
    Thanks foe the replay
    i have been giving this mobo and told that it was working.
    there is power on the board,but no beeps and blank screen
    What board and CPU combo is it? Memory?

Thread Information