Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: video card

Question video card

hey guys,
    i was wondering if anybody would happen to have a video card for sale that will work with my very STUBBORN board. it will only take certain kinds. if you will follow this link it tells what cards it will take. thanks in advance for any help. DALE http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M810LMR.html
    "THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST"

Wow, you won't do much gaming with those vid cards:rooleyes:. I do have a TNT2 that I will be getting rid of soon. But I suggest you look around local shops and maybe they have one of the card you've mentioned.
    PEACE
    Currently Running:
    AMD 3200+ Venice @ 2.3 GHz(230x10) 1.38V
    DFI NF4 SLi-D
    2x1024MB Corsair Infineon BE-5 @ 230MHz(2.5-3-3-6-1T)
    KDS 19" Flat-screen CRT
    Logitech Z-640 5.1
    Seagate 120GB + WD 80GB
    Sony DVD Burner
    Enermax 600W NoisetakerII
    BFG 7900GT @530/1600

hello,
    thanks for the quick reply. that's the problem. i can not seem to find one around here anywhere. i figured if i had to buy a new one, it would be costly, that is why i was looking for a good used one. thanks again DALE

Hmm I see your problem now. Well if I want I can give you that card for free since it's about 3 years old already. But you gotta pay for the S&H.
    Currently Running:
    AMD 3200+ Venice @ 2.3 GHz(230x10) 1.38V
    DFI NF4 SLi-D
    2x1024MB Corsair Infineon BE-5 @ 230MHz(2.5-3-3-6-1T)
    KDS 19" Flat-screen CRT
    Logitech Z-640 5.1
    Seagate 120GB + WD 80GB
    Sony DVD Burner
    Enermax 600W NoisetakerII
    BFG 7900GT @530/1600

oh that would be great. i would have no problem paying shipping. i am in ky. 42003
    i am currently using a voodoo 3 agp card and it is not doing a very good job at all. one minute pictures show up, the next time i have to hit refresh to get them to show up. and sometime that don't even work. other cards that i have tried, the monitor won't even come on at all. thanks again DALE

Sounds like you already have a deal here, but if it doesn't work out for any reason, you can check eBay. They almost always have old cards like you want...
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

hey budfred,
    thanks for the replies. i am not running xp. i am running win 98 se. yes, i have the third party drivers installed. do you think there could be a conflict with the onboard video? i can not find a jumper on this board, and it does not have the option in my bios either. but it is supposed to have onboard video. [strange] thanks again DALE

I am not sure what you are talking about with the thing about running WinXP versus Win98, I didn't say anything about WinXP????

Have you downloaded the manual for the board? That would probably be your best bet for figuring out how to disable any onboard video. Also, have you checked video drivers in Safe Mode to see if there is one for the onboard?? If there is, try the "disable in all hardware profiles" option and see if that does it.
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

ok, i will try that. i was just letting you know, because i know that the third party drivers will not work on xp. sorry to throw you off track. lol thanks again

Thread Information