Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: router configuration

router configuration

Dear Friends
    i have a cable internet connection to my pc. the cat5 cable from the cabe company connects directly to my pc. now i want to have the cable connection through the router (a 4 port router) so that i can connect all the pc's.
    i have configured the router with the pc and i got the message from the router software that the configuration is successful. i have given the ip address, dns address and gateway address supplied by the cable company at the time of configuring the router.
    i could connect to the netgear site for configuring the router using the url supplied by them but now i am not able to connect to the internet through the router now. i have given the user name the host name, and the domain name at the time of configuring the router. that went fine but now i am not able to conect to the router.
    can anyone help me with the problem.
    i have tried a number of different options but failed. i dont understand what is wrong.
    please help me.
    Thanking you in advance.
    Vishvesh

Some ISP's will bind the IP addrss to your MAC address and you will have to call and have them release that or in the router there is a setting to use your computers MAC on the outside interface. Also make sure you can ping your router to check connectivity also try and ping yahoo.com by ip address to make sure DNS is working correctly.

Thread Information