Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: hotmail issues

hotmail issues

When I go to the hotmail sign-in page, it is often in one of THREE different formats. Sometimes with the details of the previous user even though he may have signed out. Sometimes with NO user details at all, just an "insert address here" message in the log-in window. Why these different sign-in pages?

And I used to be able to have three addresses logged in at the same time. Not now.

What gives? Anybody?

Welcome to forums.

Whether or not hotmail shows previously used address depends on if the previous user selected the Do not remember my e-mail address for future sign-in. (Select this when using a public computer.) option when logging in.

Dont know about the multiple user thing though.
    "Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
    -- Karl Lehenbauer

true but sometimes when I click the hotmail link in favourites it goes to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT sign on page. That's what I'm talking about. Sometimes with my old details, sometimes without. That's what I'm talking about.

And this is always from MY pc, not a public one so I never tick that box.

Cookies.

Cookies are what remember your user ID. If you periodically clear out your cookies, then Hotmail won't remember the last sign-in name used.

thank you

thank you.... cookies. Yes, cookies. However, what I'm asking about in the first question is why a different style of sign-in page somtimes, not others, renewed log-in details sometimes, not others.....

And in the second, multiple simultaneous log-ins? Any ideas? Anybody? Bueller?
    Last edited by shlonger; 02-01-2004 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information