Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Pc Guide

Pc Guide

Was there/is there or ever has been, a Magazine named PC Guide, or did I just dream it

Stefanus
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Good morning Stef,

Just getting up?

At least you remember your's!
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Stefanus
    Yes there used to be, (might still be for all I know) a PCGuide magazine in the UK
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

Yoda! it`s a long trek to the Lebanon to buy a mag.

Fruss Tray Ted, some times idon`t even remember going to sleep!

ErnieK. I have tried every where in the South here to buy it, well Smiths and the local NA but it is not even on there listing. One can buy the NY Times/Die Speigle/ Le monde The IRISH POST . BUT NOT THE SCOTS MAN. I could even buy it in J.Burg but not here I f you have any outlets you know about for PCG please let me know. I have already sourced the SCOTS MAN.

Stefanus

ALL SPELLING MISTAKES ARE INTENDED
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Dunno about any magazine, but there is one big store here, named Pcguide which sells computer stuff... !

I have never entered the shop, just a bit of window shopping (Guest user ). Next time when i visit that place, i will check the store from inside, who knows, i might just bump into Charles

You never know hey!! Thanx I appreciate it

Stefanus
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Quiet now, i want to give him a surprise. I think, i will carry a birthday gift along....

.... is this what you call a "Surprise gift" ?

Actually Ernie is right, I was in a Barnes and Noble this morning and there was a pc guide from England.
    What I ahve always liked about the English mags is the free software [although usually old] that comes with the mags.
    Mark
    What if the hokey pokey is what it's really all about?

Mark I do not know where EK or rakhul or you are at this time. But where is Barnes and Noble, do they subscribe to these August Forums

Stefanus
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Nice one Stefanus, I did not realize where you were. Barnes and Nobles is a very large book store chain here in the states. But now seeing where you are maybe Pc Guide is at newstands or bookstores that sell computer mags in the U.K.If you find that they are I am sure you will find that they are nothing like our Pc Guide
    Have a great nite!
    Mark

Mark. The Mag I read must have come from the US. (There was no free soft ware with it) I have tried book stores etc and they do not have it in there lists. I must have dreamt it. Wait a minute, where did I get this site address from, did I dream that too Seriously the mag was very interesting and I would like to subscribe to it.

Stefanus

IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED. GIVE UP
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Hi Stefanus,
    I will try and go today and see if I can get the location of the mag
    I will then either respond here or send you a private message, give me a day or so.
    Hope I wasn't dreaming also.
    Mark

Thanx Mark, and Siabonga (Figure that one out )

Stefanus
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Originally posted by stefanus
    Mark. The Mag I read must have come from the US. (There was no free soft ware with it) I have tried book stores etc and they do not have it in there lists. I must have dreamt it. Wait a minute, where did I get this site address from, did I dream that too
    Maybe you did dream this site up too! Maybe we are all figments of your unconscious imagination. And just before you find this PC Guide magazine, you'll suddenly wake up just to find out that the last couple of years have simply been a dream during a quick Sunday afternoon nap!

Very Nice! I like it Beta If that happens maybe I will wake up back home
    Stefanus
    Stefanus

"errare humanum est"

Thread Information