Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Media files are screwed up

Media files are screwed up

When I get some songs, and play them, some of them have a screwed up part in them. It's had to describe it, so I attached a zipped folder with that part in it. When the song hit's that part the CPU spikes to 100% and nothing seems to work at all. Can someone please tell me why this is happening.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I downloaded this, unzipped it, and tried to convert it to a wave file, but it aborted immediately.
    That only happens very infrequently and I assume all is not well with this MP3 file.

It sounds like copy protection to me....
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

I know your not going to tell me how to get around that, so I'm not even going to ask. How do they make it so that it spikes your CPU to 100%, and compltetly freeze the program your playing it in?

I have just used OE video & Jet Audio to convert it without problems.

Wav file converts to 332KB wav file with OE. When Played it gives a drum sound and then silence for about 5-6 secs.

When I convert to WMA (9) with Jet Audio it I get a sort of Buzzer sound

When I convert to Real Media (10KB rm) with Jet Audio I get the same sound as WMA.

What should the sound be like?

Attached is the rm file which I have zipped up
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

I think it was supposed to be the drum sound, but I'm not sure. Where do I get Jet Audio or OE?

Jet Audio
    http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

There is a freeware and a paid for vesion

Sorry it should have been EO and not OE video
    http://www.eo-video.com/
    Again paid and freeware.

Paid for versions give fuller range of facillities.
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

Iftheconversion is screwing up in WMA format but not wav format then it could just be a codec/converter problem. But it sure does sound like some sort of copy protection/DRM scheme.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information