Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Media Player And PowerDVD Resume Failure

Media Player And PowerDVD Resume Failure

I Have windows XP with 4 users who each have their own login name, and desktop and my documents folders. If I go to switch user and change user, then come back to my login name and I go to resume my movie which is in media player or power DVD and on Pause it goes back to 0:0 and I have to find where I was up to before. Does anyone know why these programs are doing this and how I can fix it?
    -= The Truth Is Out There

Power DVD has an option, configuration > player setting > dvd auto resume setting > 'resume playback from the last scene', but many programs have difficulty with adopting to fast user switching feature of XP as they have been designed for single users on a single computer. Also make sure that 'Terminal services' and 'Fast User Switching Compatibility Services' are enabled and running in services.msc.
    ......_=_
    ....q(-_-)p
    .....'_) (_`
    ../__/ \ __\
    .._ (<_ / )_..
    (__\_\_|_/__)
    "Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield". Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama

yes they are both running, should they be on automatic though? cause they're on manual
    -= The Truth Is Out There

Manual will do,the status should be 'started', but I am not sure that will help the cause. I use PowerDVD version 5 and it doesn't remember the paused scene after fast user switching, as you have described.
    ......_=_
    ....q(-_-)p
    .....'_) (_`
    ../__/ \ __\
    .._ (<_ / )_..
    (__\_\_|_/__)
    "Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield". Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama

Thread Information