Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: What's "blindman.exe"?

What's "blindman.exe"?

I've done a search, several searches in fact, here and at M$ and so far I can't seem to find anything on this. I get this, blindman.exe after W2K starts and the desktop is there. This comes up I click cancel and windows continues on. Says something about this being needed to open or start Disabled Start Up Files. I've run my scans and nothing seems wrong so don't quite know what to make of it. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    LG

Re: What's "blindman.exe"?

Originally posted by LadyGrey
    I've done a search, several searches in fact, here and at M$ and so far I can't seem to find anything on this. I get this, blindman.exe after W2K starts and the desktop is there. This comes up I click cancel and windows continues on. Says something about this being needed to open or start Disabled Start Up Files. I've run my scans and nothing seems wrong so don't quite know what to make of it. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    LG
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...lindman.exe%22

According to a post on Computing.Net (in the Google search) it is a fragment of a recent Spybot uninstall, and there is a fix at (says here):

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/t1049930153

Last edited by Donn; 05-02-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    Best//Donn

Actor Kevin Kline was asked once (Actor's Studio) how he can play his comedy rolls with such repeated and consistent passion. His response:

"I don't know, I just can't imagine not being happy."

Thanks guys!! I knew I had seen that somewhere, I just knew it but I couldn't for the life of me put my finger on where! SpyBot! I have uninstalled it, it isn't being updated any more so it's really useless now. I'll just go rename the files to .lnk and have done with it.
    Thanks again!!!
    LG

I wouldn't say Spybot is useless, it still catches things that AdAware misses and the Advanced tools are handy for a number of things...
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

Yes, I am just waiting for the new version, hope it is soon.
    Adaware was a pain waiting for 6.0 and having 5.81 with no updates for 3 months too, if you remember back that far.

Thread Information