Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: PDAs

Cool PDAs

Well, I finaly broke down and bought a PDA. I got an iPAQ 4355 and am very happy. I know we talked about having a forum for them but it has not happened yet
    Anyway, I have one recommendation for a game and one question.
    GAME: Pocket mini golf by Momentum games. Well worth the money!
    QUESTION: HOW DO YOU TURN OFF PROGRAMS??? So far I have just used the memory management area but ther must be another way.

Thanks
    Frank
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

My home is by my Wife's side...otherwise, You can generally expect to find me in Minnesota...
    in order to turn off the programs, you just have to press the button that lets you switch programs (by default it's the far right button on the bottom row of buttons) and then when it pops up the list of programs running, just press and hold the stylus on a program name (like when you do the copy/paste thing for text). it will pop up a list of commands, such as close program, close background programs (will close all programs that do not have focus), close all programs, etc. the only program you can't close is the today screen, if I remember correctly.
    "Many years have passed, and still I wonder why...the worst of men must fight-and the best of men must Die!"

also...

I have a Toshiba Pocket PC, Other than using the Embedded explorer prog provided by Toshiba, I use Pocket PC 2003's built-in method.

1. Tap The Start Menu
    2. Tap The "settings" button
    3. In the control panel that pops up, tap the "system" tab at the bottom
    4. Tap the "memory" icon
    5. Hit The "Running Programs" Tab
    In That tab you can stop all of the programs, or any that you select.

I am supprised that you Pockt PC didnt come with any HP user software, all the ones I looked at in the store do.
    "Real men don't use backups, they post their stuff on a public ftp server and let the rest of the world make copies." Linus T.

Hola Amigos,
    Muchos gracias pora informacion.
    Just got back from vacation in Mexico and first chance I have had to check mail and here.
    I have been using the "Memory">"Stop running programs" method but will try Orions suggestion as soon as I get unpacked.
    As for HP user software, I have looked thru the disk but have not found any real instruction on how to operate the thing. But as you will find with me, I am a bit lazy on my own proplems

Anyway, thanks again and I will get back with results

"edit" WOOOHOOOO!!!! Thanks Orion. Thats the ticket
    Last edited by bassman; 05-29-2004 at 08:55 PM.
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Thread Information