Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: screwed up firmware flash on cd-rw

screwed up firmware flash on cd-rw

I've got a LG GCC-4480B CD-RW/DVD that basically has been working fine. Anyway, I inadvertently clicked on the firmware flash file I had used some months ago and did not realize that by doing so, you start the flash process. I was thinking that it was just reading the drive. So I discontinued the program (bad bad mistake) and now it's dead. My system bios won't even read it, cannot even get my system to post, so I had to pull it out. Fortunately, I had a spare cd/rw, installed it, and everything is running fine again. But I'm wondering if there is any way to re-flash the LG, or is it toast. I'm afraid it's the latter since I cannot even get my system to post.

It won't be a tragic loss, as this drive has never seemed to work quite right. The bios that was in there was one I flashed about a year ago without problem.

Thanks.

marty

The word you are looking for is

FUBAR......

Sorry
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

Yeah, I thought so. Incredible carelessness on my part. Oh well, I can get a quality NEC 16X dual-layer DVD burner for only 60 bucks+ at newegg, cheaper than what I paid for the LG 18 - 20 months ago (and it was not a DVD burner, only a player), so that's probably what I'll do. Thanks for the feedback.

marty

Thread Information