Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: DSL speed issues

Question DSL speed issues

I have just started DSL. On my computer (HP Paviilion 7955, 1.8P4, 512 ram) when I run a speed test it comes out 750k, when the Verizon technician runs the same test on his laptop he gets 2,000k. We have changed cables etc but the only difference is the computer. Is it the ethernet card on the HP? or something I can correct easily? Ian

Welcome to forums.

The answer is maybe. What were the specs of the laptop?

How much RAM is free.

Open your task manager and click on the performance tab. How much of your RAM and CPU power are in use?

Please run an on-line virus scan at Trend Micro.

Download, install, update and scan with Adaware SE Fix all critical errors.

Download, install,update and scan with Spybot S&D. Fix anything in red.

Download Hijackthis
    Install it into a permanent folder. Choose the option to scan and create a log. Post the contents of the log back here for review.
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

Thread Information