Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Annoying Norton Internet Security rules

Annoying Norton Internet Security rules

Ever since I installed Norton Internet Security (NIS) w/antispy 2005 I'm bombarded with pop-ups in the lower right corner from NIS telling me:

"Rules automatically created for the program: Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 services."

Even when I don't have any applications active on my desktop these messages keeps popping up, 6-8 times in a row, several times per hour.

How can I stop this? Why does this happen? I never had this with previous versions of NIS.

Anyone?

The different backround programs in Windows that try and use the network/internet are possibly being blocked by Norton, try setting Norton to ask you how to make rules for each program.
    mIkE

AMDX2 4200+
    MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
    2gb DC Corsair ddr3200 2-3-3-5 216 mhz
    ATI X1900XT OC'ed
    Koolance watercooled: CPU, VPU, RAM, HD, NB

Stip using NIS and use Sygate or Zone Alarm.
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

Thread Information