Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: I got a problem can anyone help? - 2 Threads Merged...

I got a problem can anyone help?

Ok, i tried to open a program through the desktop and it doesn't open it gives the following message Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe'. I already tried the the system recovery disc but they dont work. I also tried Spybot- Search & Destroy but it doesnt work its the same for all applications but not folders. Anyone know what to do?

I would suggest a thorough virus scan to begin with. Also try Adaware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ . But I once had trouble getting Windows Media Player to launch at all [other programs did]. This free program found the problem and fixed it easily: http://www.winpatrol.com/winpatrol.html . Afterward Windows Media Player needed to be reinstalled.

If you can run regedit, make sure that "exefile\Shell\Open\Command" Default Data has quotes around the %1 as shown below.
    These are needed if the [".exe" in this case] file to be opened has a long pathway/address and name [with spaces included].
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey i tried the Win Patrol but it wont open it keeps telling me that there is an error in reading the setup file or that there isn't enough disk space for extracting files. I already deleted the Internet Temp Folder and the following appears Extract Failed:return from extract=-4 Any Ideas? Anything else out there? All info is welcomed

Please post full system specs.

What file were you trying to run?

Do any other programs fail?

need a whole lot more information.
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

All the applications on the desktop wont open at all it say the following ex windows cannot find 'C:\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. Did the following But nothing at all.Its the same for all applications. Only way some applications open are through the pf files in the prefetch folder. I tried the system recovery discs but they don't work.

how do I view full system specs?

Someone know how to fix the following problem?

All the applications on the desktop wont open at all it say the following ex: windows cannot find 'C:\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. Did the following But nothing at all.Its the same for all applications. Only way some applications open are through the pf files in the prefetch folder. I tried the system recovery discs but they don't work.
    I tried winpatrol as some one suggested but it wont open it keeps telling me that there is an error in reading the setup file or that there isn't enough disk space for extracting files. I already deleted the Internet Temp Folder and the following appears Extract Failed:return from extract=-4 Any Ideas? Cuz I have tried a couple of things but none work.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S.A.
    Hey i tried the Win Patrol but it wont open it keeps telling me that there is an error in reading the setup file or that there isn't enough disk space for extracting files. I already deleted the Internet Temp Folder and the following appears Extract Failed:return from extract=-4 Any Ideas? Anything else out there? All info is welcomed
    Someone else mentioned they could not install the latest version of Winpatrol either, but had no problems running an earlier version. Here's a site that has it, as well as other security programs. If you want the latest version of anything there, you will want to visit the websites rather than downloading from there, as it has not been updated in a long time: http://www.pricelessware.org/thelist/sec.htm . You might try that. How much disk space do you have? Of course, I'm sure the experts will be able to find your problem with more information if these ideas won't work . Did you try the antivirus and Adaware scans? In safe mode?

Edit: You asked what other programs are out there, so here is another good list of trial and free security programs, updated more often than the other one : http://search.pcworld.com/query.html...op0=&qt=Trojan
    Last edited by Cam; 11-18-2005 at 05:57 PM.

There were times in the past when I was getting that "Windows cannot find" error for files and I usually got it fixed by adding quotes around the %1 in the "Shell\Open\Command" default data for that file type in the registry.
    I gave you that fix, but you didn't even respond.
    You didn't say whether you'd tried it and whether the attempt had failed or what.
    Did you even take a look at the setting in the registry?

The other thing you might try is a "repair" reinstallation of Windows [which version do you have?]
    That would straighten up the registry.

Ok I tried the regedit but the attempt failed. i got windows Xp home edition.
    any ideas on some other way to try it
    Last edited by S.O.S.A.; 11-18-2005 at 06:50 PM.

Ok i tried the other version of win patrol the one that said install if the other version didn't work. In the \C: drive i got about 8.4gb. it says it has an error reading setup initialization file. yeah have tried registry cleaner and avg and spybot

I merged your two threads together... please do not start any more threads for the same issues...

It would be helpful if you would post a HijackThis log so we can see if it is likely to be malware related or not...

To run HJT, extract it to a permanent folder such as one
    you create like C:\HJT. Close all open windows and
    browsers and make sure that all programs are enabled if
    you use msconfig. Run it and Scan, then Save the log.
    When the log window appears, Right click to Copy it, open
    your browser and come here to Paste the entire log. Do
    not make any changes until it is checked since most items
    are either benign or essential to the computer.

http://www.subratam.org/main/index.p...d=19&Itemid=41
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

windows wont let me open the hijackthis application any ideas?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 7:05:09 PM, on 11/19/2005
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Music Server\SSSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\Photo Server 20\appsrv\PicAppSrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\sv_httpd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
    C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: CInterfaceObj Object - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - C:\WINDOWS\pxwma.dll
    O2 - BHO: RXResultTracker Class - {59879FA4-4790-461c-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483} - C:\PROGRA~1\RXTOOL~1\sfcont.dll (file missing)
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: 180search Toolbar - {93CECBB2-6B1B-448D-91B9-72604EF70105} - C:\Program Files\180search Assistant Programs\180search Toolbar\180ST.dll (file missing)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiS KHooker] C:\WINDOWS\System32\khooker.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTSMMSG] LTSMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] c:\program files\support.com\client\lserver\server.vbs
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanupProgram] C:\Sonysys\cleanup.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\QFSCHD100.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Gateway] C:\Program Files\Media Gateway\MediaGateway.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinUpdate] C:\cmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vmlib] vmlib.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Media Player] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Giga Pocket Remocon Driver.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: officejet 6100.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Timer Recording Manager.lnk = ?
    O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
    O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://software-dl.real.com/052dd904...p/RdxIE601.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8FCDF9D9-A28B-480F-8C3D-581F119A8AB8} - http://static.zangocash.com/cab/180s...ridge-c266.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C81B5180-AFD1-41A3-97E1-99E8D254DB98} (CSS Web Installer Class) - http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/o...abs/cssweb.cab
    O18 - Filter: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - C:\PROGRA~1\RXTOOL~1\sfcont.dll
    O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
    O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
    O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Music Server\SSSvr.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-AppServer /DisplayName="VAIO Media Music Server (Application) (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\sv_httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-HTTP /RegRoot="Software\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\MusicServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Photo Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\Photo Server 20\appsrv\PicAppSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Photo Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-HTTP /RegRoot="Software\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Applications\PhotoServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Photo Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer /DisplayName="VAIO Media Video Server (Application) (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Applications\VideoServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe

Open Hijackthis and palce a chek next to:
    O2 - BHO: CInterfaceObj Object - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - C:\WINDOWS\pxwma.dll
    O2 - BHO: RXResultTracker Class - {59879FA4-4790-461c-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483} - C:\PROGRA~1\RXTOOL~1\sfcont.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: 180search Toolbar - {93CECBB2-6B1B-448D-91B9-72604EF70105} - C:\Program Files\180search Assistant Programs\180search Toolbar\180ST.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] c:\program files\support.com\client\lserver\server.vbs
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Gateway] C:\Program Files\Media Gateway\MediaGateway.exe

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://software-dl.real.com/052dd904...p/RdxIE601.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8FCDF9D9-A28B-480F-8C3D-581F119A8AB8} - http://static.zangocash.com/cab/180s...ridge-c266.cab

O18 - Filter: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - C:\PROGRA~1\RXTOOL~1\sfcont.dll

Close all program and browser windows and click fix checked.
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

You have a pretty diverse pail of garbage here...

Start by running some scans if you can... I will give you the HJT fixes as well in case you can't run the scans... Start with Ad-Aware SE full scan...

Download and run CCleaner to clean up temporary files:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Please download, install, and update the NEW free version of Ewido trojan scanner:
    1. When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
    2. When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
    3. From the main ewido screen, click on update in the left menu, then click the Start update button.
    4. After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
    5. Click on the Scanner button in the left menu, then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run.
    6. Check "Perform action with all infections".
    7. When the scan finishes, click on "Save Report". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again.

Open and HJT scan and put checks by:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Media Player] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
    O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://software-dl.real.com/052dd90...ip/RdxIE601.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8FCDF9D9-A28B-480F-8C3D-581F119A8AB8} - http://static.zangocash.com/cab/180...bridge-c266.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C81B5180-AFD1-41A3-97E1-99E8D254DB98} (CSS Web Installer Class) - http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/...cabs/cssweb.cab

Close all open windows except HJT and press Fix checked...

Find and delete:

c:\program files\support.com\client\lserver\server.vbs
    C:\Program Files\Media Gateway\MediaGateway.exe (whole folder)
    C:\cmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto (whole folder)
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe (whole folder)
    C:\PROGRA~1\RXTOOL~1\sfcont.dll (whole folder... it will start with RXTOOL...)

You will need to use Windows Search to find and delete this one:

vmlib.exe

Reboot and post a fresh HJT log, the Ewido log and details about anything you had problems with... Be specific if you couldn't find or delete some of the files/folders....

classicsoftware and I were working on this at the same time... Please start with the scans and then you can use both of our lists to do the fixes...

ok i ran spybot, and registry mechanic I also tried ewido and halway through the pc scan it rebooted my pc.
    the screen at start up said to insert reboot disc so i did then the following message appeared File \i386\system32\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded setup cannot continue press any key to exit. tried another disc1 and it told me it couldn't detect my hard drive check to see if it was connected properly. Restarted the pc until i got in again without the insert reboot disk screen and did the HJT list. The following cannot be deleted cuz either i cannot find them or windows won't permit me to delete it.

vmlib.exe
    C:\cmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe
    C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto (whole folder
    C:\PROGRA~1\RXTOOL~1\sfcont.dll (whole folder... it will start with RXTOOL...)
    these i cant find on the C:\ Drive and windows wont permit me to delete C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe even though it is not being used by another program at all.

This is my HJT log after i did the list:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 12:15:49 AM, on 11/20/2005
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Music Server\SSSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\Photo Server 20\appsrv\PicAppSrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\sv_httpd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiS KHooker] C:\WINDOWS\System32\khooker.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTSMMSG] LTSMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CleanupProgram] C:\Sonysys\cleanup.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office 2002\Programs\QFSCHD100.EXE"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro\kav.exe" /minimize
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Giga Pocket Remocon Driver.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 2000 Series.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpobnz08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: officejet 6100.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Timer Recording Manager.lnk = ?
    O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
    O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
    O23 - Service: kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro\kavsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
    O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
    O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
    O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Music Server\SSSvr.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-AppServer /DisplayName="VAIO Media Music Server (Application) (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\sv_httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-HTTP /RegRoot="Software\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\MusicServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Music Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-MusicServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Photo Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\Photo Server 20\appsrv\PicAppSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Photo Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-HTTP /RegRoot="Software\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Applications\PhotoServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Photo Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-PhotoServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (Application) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\giga pocket\GPVSvr.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer /DisplayName="VAIO Media Video Server (Application) (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Applications\VideoServer\HTTP (file missing)
    O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Media Platform\UPnPFramework.exe

Its still the same problem as before anymore ideas?

Did you do the Ad-Aware SE full scan Budfred suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam
    Did you do the Ad-Aware SE full scan Budfred suggested?
    Also, are you still having problems?? Did you run Ewido in Safe Mode?? Where is the Ewido log?? If you want help, you need to provide the info we ask for, we are blind without that info...

Find this file and see if it is still attributed to MicroSoft... Note its size if it is and post that back here... If it isn't, delete the file... and one that will say wmplayer.bak...

Then please post back with the info requested...

Thread Information