Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Dell Inspiron Notebook Memory

Post Dell Inspiron Notebook Memory

I was thinking about buying a notebook from Dell but I had heard that the memory that was compatible could only be purchased through Dell. I swore off Compaq for that exact reason so I want to be sure, before I spend a few thousand dollars, that I can go to my local computer store and upgrade it myself. I don't know too much about laptops yet so your comments are appreciated.

Thanks, Lisa

Most Notebooks you buy are gonna be that way... Laptop ram sucks that way. However, I didn't think that Compaq ram costs that much, and you can order the brand of ram from places like TigerDirect, and PC Connection, as well as online at places like egghead.com. I went to a computer store in Ft. Wayne Indiana, and they had Compaq ram in stock for my laptop, my laptop is a CompUsa. I bought 128 megs for 189 dollars, and sold my 32 stick that came with the pc for 40 dollars used, about 3 weeks after I bought my laptop.

------------------
    Joe Redd
    MCP
    Joe Redd

Thread Information