Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: I need the dell fraud dept phone number

I need the dell fraud dept phone number

Does anyone know the phone number to Dells fraud dept? I am a victim of identity theft. Apparently there is a woman in Virginia who somehow has my SS# and she is using it to open accts. She used it to open a Dell acct. and ran up the bill to 1600 dollars and it is now in collections. I have filed a police report and the police officer called dell to talk to their fraud dept and the man he spoke to barely spoke english. He identified himself as a police officer and they wouldnt give him the phone number to the fraud dept. In fact they told him they didnt have a fraud dept. The police officer talked to his supervisor who did tell him they had a fraud dept but that he would have to wait for them to call him. They refused to give him the phone number. This police officer told them that he doesnt sit at his desk all day waiting for the phone to ring and that he needs their phone number so he can contact them. They refused to give him the number again. So if anyone who has had to deal with Dells fraud dept happens to have their phone number I would greatly appreciate it if you could pass it on to me. Thank You very much.
    Kim

Welcome to

Google is your friend....

https://dfs.us.dell.com/service/Stat...ntityTheft.asp
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

Have you tried just dialing the 1-800.... dell number and connect to the credit department? I'm sure they could help you or at least refer you to who can...

the quickest way through those phone systems is to pretend you're going to buy something... or just keep pressing 0
    even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Actually last week I was trying to get to talk to an actual person at UPS, and all I could get was recordings. Got me so annoyed that I just said "I WANT TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON". The automatic prompt assured me that this was not necessary, but if I really really wanted to say yes. I did, and in like half a ring I was talking with a person.

Give it a try.
    Erik

Thanks

I called a Dell phone # friday and after being on the phone for 1 hour and being transferred several times I actually was able to file a fraud affidavit over the phone. Of course, now I have to wait 24-72 hours for someone to call me back. I went to the website that you found on google and printed it off. According to that I should mail in the affidavit but since I already did it over the phone I dont think its necessary to mail it also. I was reading the section titled "cooperation with Law Enforcement"...it says "We will provide documentation to law enforcement officials when we receive a valid subpoena. Otherwise we do not provide such documentation". I have a letter from the Federal trade commission thats states " You have a right to get a copy of the application or other business transaction records relating to your identity theft free of charge from the company."...."You must make your request in writing. Companies must provide these records within 30 days of receipt of your request. You also may give permission to any law enforcement agency to get these records". ....I want these records. according to the FTC I can get these and dont need a subpeona....does that sound right or am I reading it wrong? Should I also mail in the theft affidavit? or would that cause too much confusion for Dell? I am so frustrated with them. The other companys where I was a victim of identity theft were very helpful and I was able to talk to one person at one phone number and get things resolved. Dell keeps pushing me off to different depts. and I never know who I am talking too. I would like to talk to one person, the same person each time I call and be able to get through to them at one phone number but that never seems to be the case. Thanks.
    Kim

I would request the information and it wouldnt hurt to send the FTC info along. Send in the affidavit and I strongly suggest anything you send in the mail concerning this,send it USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation or Certified Mail, this way they can't say " we never received that " which I found to often be the case concerning very important documents.
    AMD x2 3800,
    ABIT AN8-ULTRA
    ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm
    Mushkin High-Performance PC3200 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    eVGA 7800GT 256MB
    Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache
    Western Digital 250GB, 16mb cache, 3.0`Sata
    HP DVD Black 16X With LightScribe
    Dell UltraSharp 1905FP LCD
    TT Shark (Black)
    OCZ PowerStream 520W PS
    Running Xp Pro.

e-mail address for the fraud dept.

I have spent this entire last week going through about the same thing you are with dell. It is a joke. Somehow someone charged $3000 on my dell credit account. I was able to find out on my own where it was shipped etc. Dell has not been any help at all. I was able to get their fraud dept. e-mail - by accident I'm sure as they refuse to give out any numbers. It is US_DFS_APS_Escalation AT Dell.com, Dell_Fraud_Prevention AT Dell.com
    I am not sure if this is legit or not but it's worth a try. Best of luck - word of caution - if anyone has an open dell account I would close it immediately.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by Budfred; 04-06-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Munge email addresses...

Put EVERYTHING in writing including confirmations of phone and email discussions and mail as myPCrocks suggested above. Specify "Return Receipt Requested." That way you can prove the receipent actually received the letter/document and who signed for it. Costs a few cents more but well worth it. RRR needs a street address. No good with a PO Box.

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!
    I would also suggest creating a file dedicated to this and put copies of all emails, sent and received, along with scanned correspondence letters, contact people and their extensions, etc...
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

OPS

Sorry
    started a reply then noticed the thread was over a month old ..
    khawk last posted
    03-07-2006, 07:24 AM
    Last edited by Rick; 04-14-2007 at 04:46 AM.

I guess I was bored...

I suspect that I was scanning down the threads in the General Discussion Forum rather than the New Posts list...

I know what you mean.

I wonder what the outcome was for khawk ?

I am in the middle of something on the same lines.
    A person having an account at the same company I have one with .
    Placed an order and some how mixed up the acct. numbers and billed my account

I noticed this when I went online to order a few things.
    2 items purchased and shipped to Mississippi
    Red lights and flags went up

Called and put them both into dispute
    The paper trail started there and continues today.

I have received a paper copy of both charges
    Now the fun starts.
    Both show Bill to ( Name is not mine ) and who to ship to Name in Mississippi
    Both people live in Mississippi

I closed the account to prevent any more charges.
    Following the process is going to take a couple of months.
    I snail mail the company they mail me and I return it.
    USPS is making more than one of the items purchased costs

All this aside .
    Thing about this.
    Who would set up a computer order system and allow a purchase to be made when the Bill to and account holders name and address DON'T match .
    That acct. has only One authorized user ..

Not to turn this into a dell bash,
    But I got a little piece of snail mail awhile back.
    Asking If I wanted to join in a class action lawsuit against them.
    It seams Dell preferred credit was/is charging to high an interest rate for people with High credit scores . ( Above 750)
    I never looked at the rate they charge because I use it as a convenience.
    Buy with that account online and when it arrives in good order I pay it off in full.. No interest , no service fee. and I don't have to put my Visa or master card numbers online

I Looked at the acct after getting the snail mail letter.
    I feel sorry for anyone using them as a revolving acct .. ( 21.24% )
    ( Note My credit score is well over that 750 number )

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Who would set up a computer order system and allow a purchase to be made when the Bill to and account holders name and address DON'T match .
    Someone desperate to make a sale...

More like totally incompetent IT people ..

Or Maybe just another case of being hacked like TJ max or what ever that company is in the news lately ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    All this aside .
    Thing about this.
    That acct. has only One authorized user ..
    Are you kidding? I couldn't survive without this feature. I order things from my distributor and have them shipped to my clients all of the time. If I install 10 PC's for a client why would I want them shipped to me and then I have to ship them or schlep them to the client?? No way. UPS delivers and I install....
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

I should clarify this.

The "BILL TO" Name and address DON'T match the Charge Account Holders name and address ( ME ) ..

The Ship To doesn't need to match for the reason you pointed out.

Or do you have your clients pay your distributor directly ?
    I think not

dell fraud department

I know it's been a long time since your post, but I just saw it today and I had a similar experience last November (2009). Someone used my credit card to open an account with Dell. I received a digital camera and of curse had not bought it - when I tried to find a number or email for a fraud dept. No success so I tried customer service and ad pretty much the same result as you. Finally, although it took days, I got an email response from someone who seemed at least to know what they were doing. In the meantime, UPS came to pick up the package and I refused, since at that time I had not even heard from Dell. Long story short, I figured out that whoever it was, realized that the camera had been shipped to me, not them, and they tried several times to have it picked up. I also contacted UPS (who did have a fraud dept. email contact) and got a soewhat better but still unsatisfactory response from them. They told me it was most likely an eastern european syndicate and there wasn't much they could do abot it. Back to Dell - a rep (from India) did arrange for me to return the camera and even called on the phone (I was at least able to get the gist of what he was saying). I did receive credit for the camera on my credit card, though of course I had to close the existing accout and open a new one Dell also never told me how they could allow this to happen but I didn't know until now that others have had a similar experience.

Thread Information