Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Need Broadband in Las Vegas

Need Broadband in Las Vegas

Hey, My sister recently moved to Las Vegas, Nevada and is interested in getting boardband. They do not have a phoneline so DSL is out of the question. Any ideas? I'm reading about some sort of city wide WAN for $159.99/month, but that's way out of the question. As of now they have a laptop with a wireless card, and I guess I'll be buying them a wireless router as a "house warming gift".
    even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

It's Cable or DSL. Either they get it from the cable TY people or they get a land line and get DSL.

I guess they could spend a lot of time at Star Bucks
    No two moments are alike and a person who thinks that any two moments are alike has never lived.

A.J. Heschel

yeah that's what I told them. Interestingly enough, Vegas has a city wide wireless network aimed at businesses @ $159.99/month. That would be very useful if you had the money.

Cox cable has service for about $40.00/month. It's too bad they can't get a phone line, DSL seems to be cheap. More and more people are using cell phones to replace LAN lines now...
    even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

Thread Information