Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: CD/DVD won't burn

CD/DVD won't burn

I get error messages everytime I try to burn a cd. If I open up windows media player, select the songs I want to burn then click start burn, it just tells me to enter a cd into my E drive...even when there is already a perfectly new blank CD. Then If I take the CD out and enter it back in then click "retry" on the error message telling me to enter a cd it then gives me this message:

Windows Media Player cannot burn the files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs.

This drive is a CD/DVD Burner and dvd player. It reads dvds and I can watch them fine and I can use it as a cd drive as well. It just won't burn. Anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this problem? I've only had this computer four monthes and the CD burner used to work just fine.

WMP's burning feature is not a very good one. Consider using a dedicated burning program, like Nero.

Thread Information