Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: hi guys ANy one help

hi guys ANy one help

hi guys i jus got a desktop Gateway GT5058 ... so am askin is it good for gaming .. AMD 64 dual core 2.0 GHz 2x . ram 2048 with a video card Geforce 6100.. actually i wanna get a NEW VGA so guys what do u recommend for my PC ??
    thanks

Good processor, 2 gigs of RAM, sounds good.

The 6100 is a decent video card, not great, and you certainly won't be able to play games on high details (probably not medium either). If you want to upgrade it, i'd definetly suggest the 7600 GT. Probably the best card you can get for under $200, and plays most games on medium or high detail. I have it myself.
    Just a newbie trying to learn
    All about gaming computers

heey

thanks man .. Geforce 7600 GT .. but what about the POWER supply ??? and does it need a cooler ?

your asking if theres enough power for it? Most likely it'll be fine. It doesn't need any cooling, it has a heatsink and fan on it.

Blog Entries
    The 7600 GT is a small GPU. It uses up relatively little power and produces relatively little heat. It will most likely be just fine, but that's no guarantee! We can't guarantee anything with an OEM machine. Best advice right now is to make sure that where ever you order a 7600 GT from, they better have a good return policy.

If you live in the US, Newegg is the place to go.

ok

do i need to chaange the power supply in my PC .. because mine is 350 wat or sumthin like that

No, yours should be just fine, the 7600 GT takes low power compared to most video cards.

:) ok

OK man thaaanks alot .. iam gunna get it NOW

Well enjoy it, its a pretty big step up from the 6100.

XFX GeForce 7600 GT 256MB DDR PCI Express Graphics Card .. is that it ??

I don't think so...

Heres a link to it on Newegg

Blog Entries
    XFX or eVGA or Asus or whatever - the brand name doesn't really matter. What matters is that you want a GeForce 7600 GT vid card in the PCIe x16 flavor (aka PCI Express x16).

Don't spend too much on one, though. The Newegg link that Boxo gave is for an eVGA 7600 GT that's only $179 (-$15 mail-in-rebate) +$5 shipping. So if you get it shipped to you the standard way and then do the MIR, the total cost is only about $169! Much cheaper than at a store, and Newegg is one of the best online vendors for computer hardware, so it ends up being really cheap.

Thread Information