Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: How high can i upgrade my processor?

How high can i upgrade my processor?

Dell E310 Desktop
    512MB RAM
    Dell DV051 Motherboard
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4E, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
    Chipset: Intel Grantsdale-G i910GL/915G(V)
    Memory Type: DDR2 SDRAM
    Memory Speed: DDR2-533 (266 MHz)

i am having no luck with trying to find specs on the motherboard, and have yet to find an equivalent

thanks...

brian

Hello Jonah hex, HERE is the tech specs on your machine. It appears you can go to a 3.2, but I would not be to quick to spend that money as you might not see the performance increase you desire for the dollars spent

Good luck
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

so it would make more sense to leave the 2.8 and go to 2GB memory?

thanks

A quick look showed that you'd likely spend a little less for the memory than you would for the CPU...and yes, you'd probably be better off with the memory than the CPU.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

thanks for the information...memory it is.

Thread Information