Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: "Do you want to disconnect?" box

"Do you want to disconnect?" box

Now that I'm back to using dial-up, I occasionally forget to disconnect after I've closed the browser. An hour later I pick up the telephone and realize that I'm still online. Seems like I used to get a "Do you want to disconnect from the Internet?" box (or words to that effect), but I don't get it now.

Is there a setting somewhere in IE or elsewhere so that I will be prompted to disconnect when I close my browser? OS is Win XP w/ SP2.

Thanks,
    Relztrah

Start >> Network Connections >> RClick your DialUp Icon and choose Properties.

From the Options Tab set an appropriate "Idle time before hanging-up" and turn the reconnect if line dropped check box. Only problem maybe that something like an IM program or auto-update software etc running in the background and making the connection no longer idle or indeed constantly busy.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information