Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Dial Up Error

Dial Up Error

This is a problem one of my relatives is having with their dial up connection.
    I have not yet been at their house to physically address the problem but from what I have been told they get an error when they try to connect to the internet that reads "Server not found".I have absoulutely no knowledge of dial up and have no idea what to do or what could be wrong with it.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Well...with that little to go on...it could be just about anything.

Afraid to say it, but...we need more details.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Yes, MJC is right that we need more information. But if your relative is able to dial out then the modem is probably working properly so it's not a configuration or driver issue. If he's sure that the number he has it set to dial is correct--does he need to dial 1+area code or just the area code first?--and he has his username and password entered correctly, my first suggestion is to call the ISP.

Thread Information