Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Toshiba Satellite keyboard problem

Question Toshiba Satellite keyboard problem

Hi,
    this is my first post here. yep, I came because of the trouble I had.
    Hope someone can help me here.
    I have Toshiba Satellite A-75. Most of the time I use it at home with external kewboard. However, sometime ago I noticed that when I use internal keyboard it prints the keys in "Fn" register - I don't have a clue what it is. What I mean is that when I press key "I" for example, it types "5" instead; "U" - "4", etc. I guess, I just need to push some button combination to go back to normal. ??
    Oh, yes... When I hold down the "Fn" button then the keys work normal.
    Could anyone help me please with this?
    Thanks.

It sounds like you have your "Numeric Keypad Overlay" function turned on.

To turn off the numeric keypad overlay, hold down the Fn key
    and press F11. The numeric mode light on the keyboard should turn off.

Welcome to PC Guide!!!
    "...wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream..." Roger Waters

Waw! Thank you very much! Yep, that was it.

Your welcome.
    Glad to help!
    Thanks for replying with the outcome of your problem.
    "...wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream..." Roger Waters

Oh, Gosh.....another person with a Toshiba keyboard problem.

I have an M65-S809 which I have had for exactly one year. The keyboard keys stick indescriminately (not always the same keys) and I have had the keyboard replaced THREE TIMES! This last time it came back worse than ever and they had replaced the keyboard AND the Mother Board.

I was trained as a legal secretary a zillion years ago, so it's not that I don't know how to type and am missing the keys with my fingers. In typing this message about every three words has to be retyped because the key is not registering.

Can anyone help? What is Toshiba's policy if something has been replaced three times? My warranty has just expired and I have an extended warranty through Circuit City. (Up until now I have been using a local shop that Toshiba sent me to. Nice guys and they're sincere in trying to help me, but I think they're clueless as to what can be the problem OTHER than replacing the keyboard.)

Can anyone help?

Thread Information