Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Attention...help Needed,

Attention...help Needed,

i hav bought this new pc..it has got pentium dual core 2.67 ghz processor..1 gb ram.160 gb hdd...i hav a prob dat my computer restarts when i download torrents frm utorrent..while runnig other applications it works fine..no restarts n all..its an assmebled pc so i hav tried replaccin every component even d hard disk,cabinet,ram. almost evrything..now wht shud i do,..please suggest..
    lookin forward for ur attention,experts please comment..
    thanks..

I'm not going to get into what you are downloading...but it may be part of the problem...or the client itself could be. By default XP will reboot on errors, so if there is a problem with your BitTorrent client then instead of crashing it will reboot.

Try looking for updates to the client you are using or try a different client. Azureus is a fairly stable client, that I use myself and haven't had any problems with...
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

thanks sir..but d problem seem to be gettin worse...yday while jus surfin d net...it resarted...well dat rarely happens...but then as u told xp reboots if it finds error..this time it din reboot...but showed a blue screen wid d msgd dat..to save ur computer frm damage ur windows wil be shut down...but d blue screen remained like dat..n sometihn like ur memory s being dumped came over d screen,i had to manuallu switch of d machine...i am clue less...even d people frm whom i bought this are..n i am really in a fix..coz every possible problem has been fixed...is it a hardware of software problem...please mjc suggest somethin..please

Have you tried running WinXP in Safe Mode?
    If it doesn't run ok in Safe Mode, then...
    Load Knoppix from a [FREE] Knoppix Linux Live CD [made on a PC that's working well], and if that runs just fine, then there's nothing wrong with your hardware [HDD excluded], it's a problem with your Windows environment.

Thread Information