Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Best place to buy speakers and amp online

Best place to buy speakers and amp online

Hi guys, just wondering if anybody could offer me some advice on the best place to buy a set of speakers and matching amplifier online. The prices here locally at the shops are astronomical so i thought i could save a few bucks.

Cheers Kizzy.

first...welcome to the forum.

In my opinion with things like an amp and speakers, i like to find the one that i want to buy first, and then use pricegrabber to find a good price. Pricegrabber also shows reviews of each site, so you know you are buying from someone reliable.

I agree, for just about any electronics device...research locally and then use Pricegrabber or PriceWatch to hunt down the best deal.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!
    What price range?
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Hi Whyzman, I wanted to hook up approximately 200watt speakers so the best deal on an amp for this will be good for me.

Cheers Kizzy.

Since I'm not sure what you want to use them for...and this is a computer forum...here is my initial suggestion:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-THX-C.../dp/B0002SQ2P2

I have a Logitech system with their "heavy duty" sub-woofer and it rocks!!

These, of course, plug into your computer's sound card and have their own amplification...read the reviews on the Amazon link...

Thumbs up

Thanks very much whyzman these are exactly what i'm looking for and yes they are for my PC so i appreciate all you guys help. I am actually wiring them to my patio for some christmas entertainment. Thanks again and have a great christmas.

Kind Regards Kizzy.

Glad things worked out! If you read the reviews on Amazon I think that you will be in good company. I have the Logitech with 4 satellites and the sub and it is absolutely awesome! Distortion free and the sub-woofer is amazing!

I think you will enjoy the setup...

Thread Information