Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: problem in running brian lara cricket 2007

problem in running brian lara cricket 2007

the game starts properly but when i start to play it suddenly crashes.
    the first time it crashed a message box said that "windows virtual memory is too low" and it crashed

Whats your system spec ?
    Whats your virtual memory set at ?
    What OS ?

If you are running Windows XP it should make your Virtual Memory size bigger to make sure it doesnt happen again, "Virtual memory is an addressing scheme implemented in hardware and software that allows non-contiguous memory to be addressed as if it is contiguous."

For more info, see here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Memory
    Compy
    Lappy Ver. 2.0
    Pentium IV Celeron @ 2.20GHz
    Pentium Dual Core @ 2.16GHz
    1.5GB RAM
    2GB RAM (soon to be upgraded to 4 gb)
    64MB Integrated Intel Graphics (i'm not a gamer, so i just use it for compatibility.)
    Intel GMA 4500 256MB
    Windows 2000/XP/ME
    Windows XP Pro

my system configuration is-
    pentium 4 3.06gHz windows xp
    256 mb RAM 128 mb graphics

virtual memory right now is 1024 mb

My guess is its your system, more-the-less your RAM. I couldnt find the exact system requirements for Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 but i found some for the 2005 edition:

Windows: 1 GHz, 256MB RAM, Windows 98 or higher

Im sure you will need more RAM to play the new version on your system, other than that you should be fine.

Im not a wiz at virtual memory but i believe this is whats happening.

The app itself is too resource hungry so it eats up all your present RAM and starts using VM, after it eats that up there is nothing left, so it crashes. In my opinion more RAM would cure your worries. Even if it isnt the answer, you still need more RAM, 256 on a P4?!? you should atleast get a gig.
    Compy
    Lappy Ver. 2.0
    Pentium IV Celeron @ 2.20GHz
    Pentium Dual Core @ 2.16GHz
    1.5GB RAM
    2GB RAM (soon to be upgraded to 4 gb)
    64MB Integrated Intel Graphics (i'm not a gamer, so i just use it for compatibility.)
    Intel GMA 4500 256MB
    Windows 2000/XP/ME
    Windows XP Pro

actually it requires 256 mb RAM only. so i hope that should not be a problem.

Blog Entries
    Theoretically, that should not be a problem. However, it depends on how many resources are available when the game engine attempts to start.

Do you have anything running in the background? What's your memory usage? RAM commit charge? In how many fragments is your page file? Have you defragged lately? What's the AGP aperture size? Is your BIOS set for shadowing?

nothing is running in the background.

Blog Entries
    Ok... the first question is now answered. How about the others?

If you don't know what we're talking about, just ask. For instance, to see your memory stats, hit Ctrl-Alt-Del after a fresh boot to bring up the Task Manager. On the Performance tab, you'll see charts of instantaneous CPU usage and Page File usage, as well as information about your RAM ( "Physical Memory (K)" ) and OS/kernel memory ( "Commit Charge (K)" and "Kernel Memory (K)" ).

brian lara 2007

i hve the brian lar a2007 cricket game cd..
    i hve installed d game nd there was no errors...but when i copy d crack nd run the exe file then it shows an error stating 'generic volume error'
    can any one tell me the reason for this problem and how to solve it plzz.....

Thread Information