Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: is this a problem?

is this a problem?

i have an ati video card and the.."CATALYST Control Center" for it is always running in my tray...but now this "Intel Extreme Graphics" thing installed itself and its always running too...im guessing thats like..my on board video which i dont use...i just would like to know if this is going to cause problems....i tried uninstalling the intel extreme graphics thing but it got put right back on..

Blog Entries
    If the installation of an actual vid card didn't disable the onboard video, you can do that yourself in the BIOS (depending on your system) or in Windows itself (in Device Manager).

yeah, i just put xp back on so it probably reset my bios ..maybe

Blog Entries
    The original Intel Extreme Graphics was the onboard video for the i845G series chipsets. The Intel Extreme Graphics 2 was the onboard video for the i865G series chipsets. Both of those are old Socket 478 chipsets for the P4 and are likely to be a bit finicky with disabling the onboard video, especially if you have an OEM system. Disabling it through the BIOS is preferred to free up resources, but disabling it through Windows is acceptable as well.

hm...well i looked in my bios and its not set for onboard video...but i dont really care, its not causing any problems so far and its working with the monitor pluged into my.....crappy pci video card...any other suggestions would be helpful but if not no big deal..its just kinda weird

Thread Information