Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Word 2003 and deleted text

Thumbs up Word 2003 and deleted text

Hi, while performing a search in word 2003 I wish to omit the deleted text (I mean the Track changes deleted text normally "strikethrough"). I've tried setting the deleted text property to "Hidden". When I insert a text after the deleted text it appears before.

Lets say I have "still in the Office" and when I insert "My" before Office after hiding, in the actual view I have it as "My the Office". This creates problems when I have a deleted paragraph. Pls. check the attached image.

For e.g. I Find "one" This word should be omitted in case if it is deleted (With Track changes) and should take me the next occurence. I've tried using macros too, but I'm not able to find whether the text is a deleted one or not.
    Can someone help me?

Thanks in Advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Netharam.

Think in the Way Others Don't.

Uncheck "Highlight Changes on Screen" while you search or do other things which the edited text will interfere with.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Question MsOffice version

what version of office is this. I'm using Office 2003 and I'm not able to find this option. Can u give the actual flow of the menu?

Netharam.

Think in the Way Others Don't.

Mine was with Office 2000
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information