Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: What do your speakers look like?

What do your speakers look like?

On this computer, they are harman/kardon 2.1 speakers from a Dell system. They're great.

In my room, I do not have a computer, but my iPod and an old, (1999), computer speaker system. Altec Lansing ACS 495.

These things have virtual surround. It sounds unbelievable for their size.
    IBM ThinkPad T21 - 750MHz PIII, 256mb RAM, XGA, S3 Savage IX8, 40GB HD, Windows 95/NT4
    HP ENVY 15 - i7 4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 2GB NVIDIA GT740M, FHD, 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 7-64
    Desktop - i7 3770K, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD 7870, 256GB Samsung 840 SSD, 1TB HD, XP/7-64

i have my good ol' set of logitech Z-4s on one PC:

i have a thunderous set of z2300s for my other PC and another set hooked up to my TV:

and lastly, my old BA735s in my garage:

I got these refurbed for $33 shipped. The pot on the sub is a little scratchy and you sometimes have to fiddle with it to stop it from humming and/or cracking. But once you get it set they work fine as long as you don't bump the sub.

Not the best, but good enough for me for the price, especially considering that they're a huge upgrade from my old BA's, which look very similar to the ones in j0hnnyboy's post.
    I fight authority, authority always wins

Remembering Kay

Thread Information