Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: DG33BU ICH high temperature

DG33BU ICH high temperature

Even at initial boot ICH temperature is in the region of 60+ degree Celsius. Pleas e suggest what to do?

I face the twice boot problem after powering down. On first press of power on button the system powers up for a few seconds and then goes off.

Second time I press the power on button, the system starts up normally.

I am not Overclocking - (DG33BU does not have a provision in BIOS for OCing)

Help appreciated.

System details
    Intel E6750 C2D
    DG33BU mobo (in built grafix)
    350W PSU
    1GB DDR2-667MHz
    120GB seagate SATA

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!
    Hello laptech, welcome to Forums!

I've split your post from the thread in which you piggybacked onto. Since your post has nothing to do with the thread you posted into I've not linked this thread to it.

It's always best to begin a new thread if you are experiencing a problem and want help.
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

@whizman thank you for moving this as a new thread. I had posted it in that thread as a few of the posts there had discussed the same problem.

To the problem on hand:

At least one of the problems: the power button problem is fixed by the latest intel BIOS update for this motherboard.

The overheating problem remains. The temperature went upto 85 deg c in no time.

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!
    We could use some additional information about this system. Did it ever work properly? Is it a self built, or custom, or Dell, Hp etc...
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

It is a self built system. It works except for the high temperatures. Can run apps, even some gaming, but have not allowed the temperature to rise beyond 90s

The power supply voltages are normal (as seen from Intel Desktop utilities). Processor runs cool at 47 deg c, motherboard at 46 deg c. The ICH temperature is in the region of 80+ a few minutes after boot up and goes 90+ after three or four hours of running. The MCH is about 65+ deg c. This happens even with out gaming. Just Firefox, download manager and antivirus are running. This happens even when memory or processor intensive applications are not running.

There are three fans - power supply unit fan, cabinet fan and the processor fan - the processor fan is running at ~1000RPM.

There are no wires obstructing air flow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laptech
    There are three fans - power supply unit fan, cabinet fan and the processor fan
    Whether or not Intel really is having a problem with chipset temps, one thing is certain - that's not enough fans!!

Modern systems should not be expected to run without at least one intake fan and one exhaust fan. And no, the PSU fan doesn't count - its job is to cool the PSU innards, not the whole system! Add another fan or two or three and report back.

I have tried with a different cabinet - one air intake fan, one outlet fan, in addition to CPU and PSU fans. Still the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Bro i have same prob. mine goes to 91 C. Gives me the creeps. But i found out that itzz ook. Anyway i fixed a biig exaust fan to the side of the casing and now the temp never go above 62 C

Thread Information