Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: quick quiestion

quick quiestion

I built my pc about 3 years ago, when it was first built I put 2GB RAM into it, 6 months ago my brother decided to remove half of that and put it in his pc. Since then I encountered a dramatic drop in speed (yes I know drooping from 2GB-1GB will decrease the speed) more so than it should have. Part of that was program based. Which, thanks to classicsoftware, I managed to fix. I know adding another 1GB RAM will increase my speed further, but could it be that not having the full 2GB my system started with and ran on for a little over 2 years has something to do with all the problems I've been having?

No, its the lack of RAM. Get another GB.
    CPU: Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.6Ghz GPU: Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Mobo: ASUS P5E RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 w/DHX
    HDDs: 1x74GB Raptor; 2x500GB WD5000AAKS
    Display: Samsung 226BW Sound: X-Fi ExtremeGamer

ok I picked up Corsair XMS 2GB Kit

and used it to replace Corsair Value Select (VS1GB400C3)

I probably already know the answer, but just to make sure; if I put the 1GB Value Select in with the XMS, it'll do more harm than good right?

Thread Information