Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Help Memory Card Stuck in Laptop Slot

Help Memory Card Stuck in Laptop Slot

I did a stupid thing and stuck a XD memory card in the wrong way to my laptops memory card slot. It is now stuck deep inside my HP Pavillion DV5000. I tried to take off the plastic case, but there are so many screws, and I don't know how to proceed. I don't care if the slot ever works again, this is the first and last time I will ever attempt to use it, but I NEED THAT MEMORY CARD. Any advice?

Thanks so much
    Holla It's Christmas Time

With the power off, insert a pair of long, thin tweezers into the slot. Gently grab the card and slowly pull...exerting as little pressure as you can and still keep hold of the card. Go slowly...it make take several tries.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thanks for your suggestion, I had already been trying with regular tweesers but beauty tweesers get wider towards the tip making them impossible to open in this thin slit. I'll see if I can find some speciality tweesers somewhere, but I have a feeling that all my pics are forever gone and I'll just have to buy a new card for my camera.

Thread Information