Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: HP 4345 MFP Settings

HP 4345 MFP Settings

We have an HP 4345 MFP in the office which will scan to network folder. The settings are setup internally uasing the IP adress to access the printer (not the issue). I am trying to setup a folder on the network, it says to enter path such as \\hostname\folder name. It is a shared folder in the shared docs named "scans". c:\documents and settings\all users\documents/scans should be the path but it says cannot find folder. Is this path typed correctly? I have also tried chris\c:\documents and settings\all users\documents/scans (chris is PC name) and \\chris\documents and settings\all users\documents/scans but none seem to work. Any suggestions?
    When all else fails- find a bigger trash can.

Also I have turned off windows firewall, thinking that might block it. AVG antivirus win xp service pack 3 machine. Printer is setup as an IP based printer and prints from PC fine also can get into settings from PC.
    When all else fails- find a bigger trash can.

Shared folder is the key

Use \\hostname\scans. That's it. A "shared folder" allows directing straight to the share name. Make sure under share permissions full access is granted or you may not be able to access it.

I agree with tbucket.
    In a workgroup the network path tbucket describes is correct:
    \\computer name\folder name

The path is case sensitive, BTW.
    It also makes it easier to place the shared folder on the "root" of the drive (ie the C drive) so it does not have to find sub folders.
    Last edited by PrntRhd; 11-14-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Thread Information