Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Hotmail/outlook exp

Post Hotmail/outlook exp

I have recently subscribed to Hotmail for an email address. I would like to be able to look at my hotmail messages through Outlook Express where I already have 2 other email accounts.

I understand how to set up mail accounts but.........

I have looked in MSN, Microcsoft and Hotmail but haven't been able to find the in and out server info any where, can anybody help. Thanks

Is it normal for Hotmail to be very slow at tiems when America is awake.I live in the UK and we are 6 to 8 hours ahead of the USA. my morning things are fast but my evenings they are very very slow to access Hotmail. Thoughts??

David

Lightbulb

Hi. I have Outlook Express 5 set up to receive my husband's hotmail. When you set up the account, choose HTTP server instead of POP3, which will only give you one address line to fill in (not both IN and OUT servers like a POP3 account needs). Put this address in that line:
    http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

I don't know about anyone else, but my husband's hotmail account is ALWAYS slow! My regular ISP email and my yahoo accounts are much faster.

Hope this helps!

Kim

Exclamation

You could also send an email to the hotmail staff and see if they will release the two servers to you, I know alot of places will not release them for security reasons, but, you never know.
    ‹bergamer: He who dies with the most frags wins.

Thanks to both of you who have replied, I should be able to resolve the problem with the two solutions.

Thanks

david

Thread Information