Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: what do i need to do

Question what do i need to do

have an old computer that the hard drive went out on .an i have one that i had just put in another one which is alot bigger. the one i want to put it in is running windows me an the one i took it out of was runninr xp. will i have any trouble doing this are will i have to change somthing.

Switching hard drives and hoping one can get the old one to work on new hardware is fraught with problems. It will be far far better if you first backup any important data from the replacement drive and then do a clean installation of WinXP onto it.

Some more specifics about the HDD (IDE, SATA, Size, etc) would all be of value to know about.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

that`s was what i was thinking to thanks for your help

Thread Information