Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: WMP11 problem

WMP11 problem

Hi.
    I upgraded from WMP10 to WMP11. I had My Playlists in WMP10 (wpl cache files) saved to D:\Music.
    I deleted the Music folder from drive D before installing WMP11. Now every time I delete
    that folder, WMP11 re-creates it when I open the player again. When I create a new playlist in the player,
    I am, however able to save new Playlists to a different folder, and access them no problem. But WMP11 insists
    on creating the empty folder Music in Drive D which I deleted several times.
    Somehow, D:\Nusic has become the default folder for the My Playlists wpl cache.
    I temporarily fixed the problem by running WMP11 from a batch file. I added the following line to the batch file
    to delete the unwanted folder upon exiting WMP11. "rd /s d:\music" This works, but I'd rather it not be necessary.
    I'm ok with editing the registry, is there a way to change the default Playlist location?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Bill (bill48nj1)

Solved... went back tp WMP10

I hate WMP11.
    I gave up.
    I rolled back to WMP10!
    Bill (bill48nj1)

Thread Information